Skip to content
- Bring your hands beneath your shoulders and knees beneath your hips.
- Inhale as you drop your belly button toward the earth and lift your heart and hips to the sky into Bitilasana (Cow Pose).
- Spread across your shoulders and sitting bones.
- Exhale as you round your upper back toward the sky, dropping your gaze to your navel and pressing your hands and feet into the earth in Marjaryasana (Cat Pose).
Benefit of Marjaryasana-Bitilasana (Cat- Cow):
- Improves posture and balance.
- Strengthens and stretches the spine and neck.
- Stretches the hips, abdomen and back.
- Increases coordination.
- Massages and stimulates organs in the belly, like the kidneys and adrenal glands.
- Creates emotional balance.
- Relieves stress and calms the mind.
- Neck injury – use caution and keep the head in line with the torso