Benefits of Hanmanasana (Monkey Pose)
Yoga has been an age old practice in India and now it is practiced all over the world by people who are health conscious and want to stay fit and healthy. It also has the power to prevent various diseases and other ailments like pain in the joints, back ache, migraine and other body pains. Yoga makes your body light and fills you with energy and positive thoughts. You can overcome depression and other mental problems by practicing yoga regularly.
Yoga consists of various sessions like warm-up exercises (Sukhshma vyayam), meditation (dhyana), breathing exercises (pranayama) and Shavasana. There are yoga exercises for the beginners, those who are moderately experienced in yoga and those who are well experienced in yoga asanas. Advanced form of yoga is recommended only for those who are experts in doing yoga asanas. Hanumanasana is an advanced form of yoga asana and can be done only by those who are well versed in doing yoga. If you are a beginner, you may find it difficult to do this yoga asana. The name of this asana is taken from the Hindu God Hanuman. He has taken a giant leap to reach Lanka to save Sita, the wife of Hindu God Rama. Hanumanasana is also called Monkey pose. It is easy to learn this pose and below is given a step by step instruction o how to do this yoga.
Benefits of Hanmanasana:
- If you practice this yoga asana regularly, your spine will be stretched well. This asana also provides good stretch to your lower back, upper back, thighs, chest, arms and your shoulders.
- Practicing this yoga daily helps in keeping away joint pain and pain in the knee.
- The functions of the abdominal organs are improved by doing this posture regularly. It also tones up your abdominal muscles. this asana increases the flow of blood to your heart and the brain.
- When you do this yoga, you stretch your chest. This helps in activating the thymus gland and this in turn protects you from various diseases.
- Practicing Hanumanasana improves the co-ordination between your body parts and also improves your concentration power.
- You can get rid of the tension in the hip and shoulder area by doing this asana. Thus your body becomes more flexible. Moreover, it helps you in balancing your body well.
- Do this yoga regularly and you can increase the flow of blood to the abdomen and the skin. This helps in improving the digestion of the body and removes all toxins from your body. As a result you will look young and fresh.
- If you suffer from insomnia, practice this exercise daily and you will soon get a good sleep. This asana also helps you to get rid of stress, and this improves your sleeping habits.