These Ashtangis have something planned. Now I totally understand if you get the ass his mat at 05 a.m. sounds like a special kind of torture for you, but not really something to say about the art of making your practice first thing when you wake up in the morning.
Yoga is magical and healing no matter what time of day it does. This article is not intended to discourage the practice of doing if your morning practice is not feasible for you.
I just want to point out some of the many benefits that come with a practice early in the morning, so maybe you will be inspired to give it a try, you never know, you can become your new favorite thing! Here are my 5 reasons to practice yoga first thing in the morning.
Benefits of Early Morning Yoga:
- fresh oxygen to the brain causes more acute my vision. I’m a little nearsighted, but I can see better when my lungs stretch and breathe deeply. The morning practice prepares my lungs breathing throughout the day.
- I love coffee in the morning (and all day!), But when I practice in the morning to start the day with lots of water. Hydration is the key!
- We are stronger in the morning, after a night of sleep in our body repairs and restorations. Naturally, I am more flexible, so I need to work towards building strength in my practice. The morning practice is the perfect balance to work this time!
- Seattle summers are as follows: gray and cloudy in the morning then sunny and bright in the afternoon. During class noon, the sun burning through the clouds, and it is beautiful to sunset. I love to practice a rigorous and sweaty C2 class when it is dark outside before the sun arrives.
- All I have to do my hair once! I love the shower in the morning, so I can let my hair out all day.
- I love the energy in morning classes. Like the cool, fresh air outside world I can feel the cool and calm before the rush of the day around me.
- I can move a breath, a single movement. That was my intention in life, and when I practice in the morning and fall into the constant flow of breathing, movement, I hook in this space and this time.
- I love backbends, especially wheel forearm. creates a hurry in the morning! my heart pumping, which is definitely sub-optimal bedtime sets. The intent of my heart is to be open, vulnerable, brave and cheerful ..