HALF PRAYER TWIST (Parsvakonasana)
1. From table position, step the right foot between the hands, bringing the right knee directly over the right ankle in a low lunge. The left knee and foot rests on the floor.
2. Bring the left elbow to the right knee and place the palms together in a prayer position.
3. Use the arms to press the right shoulder up and back, twisting the upper back. Look straight ahead or up towards the ceiling. The palms are at the center of the chest and the fingers are pointing up towards the throat.
4. Breathe and hold for 4-8 breaths.
5. To release: exhale the arms back down to the floor in a low lunge position.
6. Repeat on other side.
It realigns the spine and opens the chest and hips.
Tones the back, legs, hips and arms
Improves balance and coordination
Strengthens the quadriceps and gluteus muscles
Strengthens the core muscles