Start on all fours with your knees directly under the hips and hands directly under shoulders. Palms are firmly grounded on the mat and extend your fingers. Collapse melt the stomach and chest toward the floor. Tuck your toes underneath you. Lift your knees off the floor, lengthen your spine back and shoot the tailbone skyward while stretching your legs out. Push the top of the thighs back and stretch your heels towards the floor. Form the shoulder blades in the back, release the neck and extend your heart to your thighs. Hold for five inhales and exhales and then rest in child’s pose with his knees on the floor, her forehead on the floor in front of knees and hands by your side on the floor.
Health Benefits of Downward Facing Dog Pose:
- inverted postures are extremely important because reverse the action of gravity on the body and get the blood and lymph flow in opposite directions.
- On an emotional level down facing dog helps turn all in your head and helps us see things from a different angle.
- This helps to increase self-confidence.
- Due to increased blood flow to the upper body, shoulder stand can help improve brain function and cognition and reduce anxiety and depression.
- Reduces pressure on the heart, you have to work less to get the blood flowing to the brain.
- Strengthens and tones the arms and legs
- Because of the nature that supports the weight of the position of the arms and legs which helps strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis.
- Lengthens and straightens the spine, which helps relieve pain in the upper, middle and lower back.
- The body gets a stretch of 360 degrees in just a pose.