200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
At Vinyasa Yoga Academy, we believe our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India (TTC) is the perfect option for any individual or group keen to further their teaching capabilities and understanding of Vinyasa Yoga. This course will also support your own Yoga practice and lead to a stronger and more agile body, peaceful, calm mind, revitalized and re-energized energies - it’s changed the lives of many people around the World!
Our teachers take pride in ensuring that you gain a firm understanding of all the major and more intricate aspects of Yoga to help you become a rounded Yoga practitioner and an expert Yoga Teacher - asanas are not enough! The fact that Yoga has become such a popular way to strengthen the mind, body and spirit means there has never been a more perfect time to become a qualified Yoga Teacher, approved by Yoga Alliance International/USA/UK.
We’ve also chosen Rishikesh, India, as the destination for our Ashrams and Schools. Rishikesh is both the present day and historic spiritual home of Yoga. The Greatest Yoga Masters and Gurus have come from and passed through Rishikesh on their spiritual journey. This spirit hasn’t been lost and this spirit has been captured and is radiated by our facilities, Yoga Teachers, Staff and of course our founder, Yogi Vishnu Panigrahi. You’ll be surrounded by this spirit during you stay in our beautiful Ashram over the 24 day 200 Hour Teacher Training Course (TTC).
Why Choose us : Though we’re named Vinyasa Yoga Academy, it’s not just Vinyasa Yoga that we teach. Our range of courses also include 200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course (TTC) and 200 Hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Course (TTC), which includes just as much depth, quality and quantity within the course content and how we train - we don’t cut any corners! Here are some other highlights of the course: 200 Hours, 24 Day stay at our beautiful, comfortable, homely Ashram in Rishikesh, India during the course
- Yoga Asanas, History and Theory
- Yoga Philosophy and Satsangs
- Yoga Physiology and Biology
- Yoga Chemistry, Energy and Health, including Ayurvedic Practices
- Monday to Saturday classes, Thursdays are half days
Aim and Objectives of our Life changing 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training in India Our slogan is “We teach yoga because we love the world”. Our dream is to see the world happy, healthy and peaceful. We want to train our students in such a way that wherever they go they will be able to guide and help people as many people are suffering in the world today. So in our Teacher Training Course we teach different techniques of healing, therapy, art and culture. Students will learn many different things to become a teacher in this specific period of time, including:
- Yogic Practices: Asana, Pranayama, Mediation, Philosophy, Anatomy & Alignment;
- Healing Practices: Reiki, Energy healing, Sound healing;
- Therapies: Ayurveda, Massage, Acupressure;
- Culture: Temple visit, traditional ceremonies, local visit;
- Study tour- herbal garden, acupressure garden, meditation ashram tour;
- Training- structure a class, Manage classroom, attending students;
- Managing environment of classroom;
- Developing yoga self-practice;
- Reaching Samadhi;
- Selfless serving to make a better world.
TRUE ESSENCE OF YOGA - Our courses are comprehensive and thorough and have been designed to distill the true essence of Yoga and Yoga Training. We support your learning journey every step of the way and make sure that during the 24 day course, you also receive a wonderful experience of RIshikesh and it’s hospitality. We can help with advising you on onward trips, where to eat, spend time and enjoy all of what Rishikesh has to offer, in order to advance your Yoga journey further. It will be a breath-taking, life changing experience for you. We look forward to welcoming you to our facilities and having the privilege to teach and inspire your Yoga journey, future and present - get in touch with us today! CERTIFICATION- 200 hours Yoga teacher training inspection- Yoga certificates provided by Vinyasa Yoga Academy are certified by Yoga Alliance, USA, Yoga Alliance International. BE A PART OF YOGA CAPITAL- Rishikesh is considered the capital of yoga training in the world. Taking yoga teacher training from Rishikesh gives you an opportunity to become familiar with the culture and tradition of India, the birthplace of Yoga. We look forward to welcoming you with open arms in our heartwarming and uplifting Yoga School in India! "Yoga is the practice of quieting the mind" Patanjali
What characterizes us?
Rishikesh, also referred to as ''the Yoga capital of the world'' is a unique place to study Yoga. Surrounded by the holy waters of the Ganges, set onto the hills of the beautiful, green Himalayan Mountains you'll experience an instant and natural feeling of true happiness and gratitude. Enjoy the nightly Ganga Aarti (fire offering ceremony) on the Ganges in the evenings. All in all you will be granted a truly spiritual journey into India, completing your Yoga course with an uplifted spirit and feeling of compassion for everything surrounding you.
BE WITH YOUR YOGA FAMILY - Next to this we are very proud to introduce you to our beloved family consisting of our highly qualified Indian team of teachers and our staff members. All teachers have a unique approach with a personal touch of love, paying close attention to the group process as well as meeting student's personal needs. Our humble staff members will do everything in their power to make your stay as comfortable & convenient as possible, making it feel like you are home.
The course has a duration of 3 and a half weeks. Classes will be held from Monday till Saturday, with a half day on Thursdays and an off day on Sundays. The full program can be found under "Happy Yoga TTC schedule".
Eligibility and accreditations
Vinyasa Yoga Academy’s 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course (TTC) can be undertaken by any individual or group regardless of what level your Yoga practice is currently or your background - we have hosted students from all over the World including USA, UK, Russia, China, Australia and more, we’re truly a global family! Vinyasa Yoga Academy is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance International/USA/UK, which means by completing our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course (TTC), you will be professionally qualified and certified to teach and train Yoga anywhere in the World. Assessments will be based on written assignments as well as practical evaluations, conduct observation and assessment - we want to make sure all aspects of your being reflects a true Yogi!
To get the 200-Hour Yoga instructor diploma the student needs to attend the 4-weeks duration course. Assessments will be based on written assignments as well as practical evaluations and student conduct will be a part of the assessment criteria.
Benefits of attending our Yoga Teacher Training Course in Vinyasa Yoga Academy
- You become more controlled;
- You will have more understanding in your life;
- You become more emotionally balanced;
- You become a Certified Yoga Teacher;
- You will be able to teach Asana, Pranayama, meditation etc.;
- You gain knowledge to help you run your own yoga centers;
- You develop a stronger personal practice;
- You will be connected with the ancient Yoga tradition of India and you will receive the guidance whenever you need it;
- You will be welcome at any time to come stay in our ashram in Rishikesh and participate in our daily program on a donation basis;
- Your family and friends can also join our ashram and stay like a family with us.
Accommodation: During your Yoga Teacher Training program, your stay will be at the Vinyasa Yoga Academy which is located in the most peaceful area of Tapovan, Rishikesh. The Academy has magnificent views of the mountains and a peaceful serene environment with lush green gardens and lots of nature around you. After a 5 minute walk you will find the market where you can buy organic products, local wares, food, restaurants and so on. The World famous Laxmanjhula hanging bridge is situated within a 10 minute walk. Our Yoga hall is situated on the top floor of the building with beautiful mountain and jungle views. It is a peaceful place that allows your mind to become completely focused on your study and practice. We have 3 Yoga halls, 21 rooms, and large outdoor terraces. The large Dining hall is situated on the ground floor with lovely views. Every room has a bathroom with western toilet and hot and cold shower. Students can choose single or double accommodation according to their needs. Rooms are spacious, open and light. Bedsheets, pillows, bath towels, toilet paper, and blankets are provided. Free WIFI is available on every floor. Washing Machine is free to use during certain hours of the day.
Food: India is well known for it’s beautiful taste in food. Ayurveda teaches about how to balance our body through our diet. Different foods influence our different systems and elements. India is famous for its array of spices and rich tastes. Students will enjoy the most tasty and healthy meals in Vinyasa Yoga Academy. Our kitchen team is guided by the Ashram and they know how to prepare food with spiritual feelings. We do not use any meat, eggs or alcohol in our kitchen. We also encourage students to not use them while they are here with us.We serve mostly vegetarian dishes. But with the requirement of the students we also provide:
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Ayurvedic khichiri
- Breakfast (9.00 – 10.00 AM)
- Lunch (1.00 – 2.00 PM)
- Dinner (7.00 – 8.00 PM)
Tea and Juices: Tea and juice will only be provided during breakfast time but students are able to make their own tea whenever they need. What is available is:
- Herbal Tea
- Ginger lemon Tea
- Indian Chai
- Masala Chai
- Pineapple juice
- Lemon juice
- Cucumber juice
- Carrot juice
- Watermelon Juice
Amenities On Arrival: Students will receive a welcome drinks upon arrival. Fruits will be at the reception desk and students can take freely. If students arrive during breakfast, lunch or dinner they are welcome to eat in the dining hall. For students coming from other hotels we are able to offer our car or scooter to pick you up and can help with anything you need, just let us know.
What can you do after the Course? Upon completion of your course you will be feeling like Rishikesh is your second home. There are so many things on offer for you to do and we can help you find what you are looking for. For example:
- You can come and stay at Samadhi Yoga Ashram, home of our founder Yogi Vishnu Panigrahi. Here you will have the opportunity of attending Satsang with him, including meditation and discourse, for free.
- If you would like to volunteer at Samadhi Ashram after the course you can message us so that our team can make arrangements for you.
- We have an orphanage and children’s school in Odisha that sometimes accepts volunteers.
- If you are interested in the Himalayan Mountains for trekking or hiking we can help arrange the trip.
- Interested students can also join our 300- Hour Super power TTC, Kundalini yoga TTC, Yin Yoga, Prenatal and Children Yoga TTC, drop in classes & many different types of healing courses, with discounted costs.
- If our students are interested in having teaching experience we offer a Yoga internship program, and a space to teach drop in classes at our school. Students need to apply for this.
If you need to leave early:
- Students who have an emergency and need to leave before their course ends are able to if it’s one or two days as we can arrange to complete the full course requirements in time.
- If a student needs to leave earlier than one or two days they will have to complete the course online. Then the certificate will be sent after passing the examination.
Free Day Thursdays after lunch we have study tour and Sundays we have excursion tours arranged which are part of the full program. All are included in your course fees. On Sundays you will receive only breakfast and you can enjoy your lunch and dinner outside in the many beautiful cafes & restaurants.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh - Syllabus
Ashtanga/Vinyasa Flow Yoga Postures (Asana)
Surya Namaskar B
Full Primary Series:
3. Utthita Trikonasana
4. Parivrtta Trikonasana
5. Utthita Parsvakonasana
6. Parivrtta Parsvakonasana
7. Prasarita Padottanasana A B C & D
9. Eka Pada Padangusthasana A B C & D
10. Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana
12. Virabhadrasana A & B
14. Paschimottanasana A B C & D
16. Ardha Baddha Padma Uttanasana
17. Triang Mukaikapada Pashimottanasana
18. Janu Sirsasana A B & C
19. Marichyasana A B C & D
23. Supta Kurmasana
24. Garbha Pindasana
26. Baddha Konasana A & B
28. Upavishta Konasana
29. Supta Konasana
30. Supta Padangusthasana A & B
31. Ubhaya Padanghusthasana
32. Urdhva Mukha Pashimottanasana
33. Setu Bandhasana
34. Urdhva Dhanurasana
35. Salamba Sarvangasana
38. Urdhva Pindasana
40. Urdhva Padmasana
42. Urdhva Dandasana
43. Baddha Padmasana
Important Sequence and Series of Yoga Practices
- Backbend Sequence
- Back Pain Sequence
- Restorative Yoga Sequence
- Leg Stretch
- For all level Beginner to Advanced Forward Fold
- Warrior Series
- Water Element Series
- Yogic Jogging Exercises
Pranayama (Power of Breathing)
1- Easy pose - Sukhasana
2- Half-lotus - Ardha Padmasana
3- Swastikasana - Swastikasana
4- Siddha yoni asana - Siddhasana
Mudras (Yoga Gesture and attitude)
2. Chin mudra
3. Yoni mudra
4. Bhairava mudra
5. Shambhavi mudra
Bandhas (Energy Lock)
Guidelines in Studying Asana Anatomy
Muscle Functions according to Joint Movements
Teaching Practice (Adhyapanam)
2- Friendship and trust.
3- Time management
4- Qualities of a teacher
5- Principles of demonstrating, observation, assisting, correcting.
6- Use of voice in class
7- Mental & emotional preparation for teaching.
8- Class preparation
9- Step by step class structure planning.
Assessments are based on:
Hatha Yoga Postures (Asana)
2.Pawanmuktasana serie 2
3.Pawanmuktasana series 3
4.Surya Namaskar ( sun salutation)
5.Chandra Namaskar (Moon salutation)
6.Tadasana (palm tree pose)
7.Triyak tadasana (swaying palm tree pose)
8.Trikonasana (triangle pose)
9.Parivirtatrikon asana – revolving triangle pose
10.Uttkatasana –chair pose
11.Virbhdrasana 1 -warrior 1
12.Virbhdrasana 2 -warrior 2
13.Virbhdrasana 3 -warrior 3
14.Ardha Chandrasana- Half moon pose
15.Vriksasana – tree pose
16.Parvatasana – mountain pose
17.Adho mukha svanasana – downward facing dog
18.Kati chakrasana – waist rotating pose
19.Malasana – squatted yoga pose
20.Garudasana – eagle pose
21.Baddha Konasana- bound angle pose
22.Rajkapoot asana – pegion pose
23.Bhujanghasana – cobra pose
24.Urdhva mukha svanasana –upward facing dog
30.Supta Virasana- reclining hero pose
31.Virasana –hero pose
Week 1Introduction to the Himalayan Traditiof of Yoga
Introduction to the different indian philosophy
History of Yoga
Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
Types of yoga
Week 2Eight limbs of yoga
Yamas and Niyamas(Ethics of yoga)
Philosophy of Asana
Concentration and its power
Week 34 aspects of mind
how to control the mind
Samadhi and the goal of yoga
Introduction to Bhagawat Geeta
Science of Karma
Indian culture and Spirituality
Full Body Relaxation
Yoga Nidra Sleep control
Sound healing is becoming popular all over the world because of its powerful healing vibration. Doing sound healing during and after the yoga class students feel healed and relaxed. This is why we like to introduce our students to all the benefits of sound healing.You will learn: History of Sound Healing Types of Sound Healing How it works with the energy Therapeutic values of sound healing Chakra balancing
We feel it is important for our students to have the experience of meeting other yogis and spiritual teachers, so time to time we invite guests from ashrams and monasteries to give talks on:Spirituality Lifestyle Questions and Answer
Indian Classical Dance
Indian classical dance is an important part of the Yogic culture of ancient India. Students will be able to learn different Mudras of different limbs of the body and also learn how to link emotion and movements with music.
After so many movements in yoga classes there is a lot of physical, mental and emotional changes in students. Our Ayurvedic Doctor and Therapist are here to help you find and maintain your balance. Students are able to choose one massage, according to their needs, to help them feel good and relaxed.Abhyangam Full Body rejuvenation Deep tissue massage Reflexology
Ayurveda is the sister science of Yoga. Yoga deals with mind control and Ayurveda mainly deals with body control through herbs, lifestyle changes and treatments. Our experienced doctor teaches how to deal with our health. You will also learn:What is Ayurveda Principles of Ayurveda Branches of Ayurveda 5 Elements Theory Mala Dhatu Tridosha Theory of Panchakarma
|Start Date||End Date||Fee||Availabilty||Book|
|01 Mar 2020||24 Mar 2020||1299 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|01 Apr 2020||24 Apr 2020||1299 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|01 May 2020||24 May 2020||1299 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|01 June 2020||24 June 2020||1299 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|01 July 2020||24 July 2020||1299 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|01 Aug 2020||24 Aug 2020||1299 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|01 Sept 2020||24 Sept 2020||1299 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|01 Oct 2020||24 Oct 2020||1299 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|01 Nov 2020||24 Nov 2020||1299 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|01 Dec 2020||24 Dec 2020||1299 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|01 Jan 2021||24 Jan 2021||1299 USD||Available||Apply Now|
|01 Feb 2021||24 Feb 2021||1299 USD||Available||Apply Now|
What included in your Course Fee
What is not included in the course fees ?
|24 D 23 N Shared /Private Accommodation||Private accommodation: 190 USD Extra|
|Study material||Air-conditioner 120 USD Extra|
|Daily nutritious meals, and Tea||Soap- Shampoo and toiletries|
|Free pick-up service from dehradun airport||2 towels will be provided in the beginning and students have to wash themselves|
|One Free Ayurvedic/Deep tissue/Abhyangam massage (45 min)||Detergent powder for washing machine|
|Weekend Nature excursions- (Kunjapuri Himalayan Tour, Vashistha Cave and Jesus Arundhati Cave meditation Tour, World famous Ganga Aarti Ceremony, Local Ashram Tour)||Medical expenses|
|Cooking Class||Drop In to Airport (18 USD to Dehradun airport)|
|Ayurveda Training||Astrology consultation 20 USD|
|Indian Classical Dance||Ayurveda Doctor Consultation 15 USD|
|Toilet paper||Ayurveda Treatment & Detox as prescribed by the doctor|
|Washing Machine- to wash your clothes||Past life-Regression 25 USD|
|Local Temple and Spiritual Tour||4-Days Himalayan Hiking Tour 200 USD (after the course)|
|Samadhi Yoga Ashram Satsang with Yogi Vishnu||Acupressure Therapy or course|
|10 to 20 % Discount from local restaurants, bookshop, & gift shop (you have to show the card)|
Happy Yoga TTC Schedule:
|5.00 AM||Morning bell||1.15 PM||Lunch|
|5.30 – 6.30 AM AM||Silent Self Meditation|
|6.30 – 8.00 AM||Hatha Yoga||3.00 – 4.00 PM||Yoga Philosophy|
|8.00 to 9:00 AM||Pranayama||4:00 to 5:30 Pm||Ashtanga & Vinyasa Flow|
|9:15 to 10:00 Am||Breakfast||6.00 – 7.00 PM||Guided Meditation|
|10.00 – 11.00 AM||Self-Study|
|11:00 to 12:00 Pm||Yoga Anatomy||7.30 – 8.30 PM||Dinner|
|12:00 to 1:00 Pm||Alignment, Adjustment & Methodology||9.00 PM||Lights Off|
All classes are mandatory only in case of an emergency or illness one can take leave with respected teacher permission. Uninformed leaves won’t be accepted and this will effect on student monthly performance.
- A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course. The practice and especially the teaching of yoga demand a high degree of self-discipline and purity. To ensure the success of the programme, participants are required to attend all spiritual activities, meditation sessions, lectures and asana classes. Meat, fish, eggs, black tea, coffee, alcohol, tobacco, drugs and nudity are prohibited during the course as they are counterproductive to the yoga practice. Participants who do not comply with the school rules may be dismissed from the course.
Principles and Guidelines:
- Vinyasa Yoga Academy is a Traditional Vinyasa Yoga School.
- The Teaching starts from early in the morning. The time schedule of the practices change according to the seasons.
- Respectful behavior is mandatory at all times on and off the premises.
- To respect the rules and regulations Vinyasa Yoga Academy will not refund the fee of students after joining the course.
- We must be informed in advance if the student is not going to come for a meal.
- Before departure from Vinyasa Yoga Academy, students must return all the books from the library.
- Non veg. food, smoking, and drinking alcohol are not allowed on the Vinyasa Yoga Academy premises.
- On the premises, modest dressing is mandatory.
- Silence should be maintained after 8 pm.
- Regular home work should be completed.
- All classes are mandatory to attend.
- Bring one pair of white clothes for welcome Cermoney
- As a part of the evaluation procedure there will be a final exam both theory and practical.
- Vinyasa Yoga Academy reserves the right to disqualify any students at anytime during TTC for misconduct or breaking the rules..
- Pets are not allowed to be kept in rooms.